List of Taught Courses:
- English II: African-American Presence — Tufts University, Spring 2013
- English I: First Year Writing — Tufts University, Fall 2012
- Introduction to Fiction Writing — University of Notre Dame, Spring 2010
- English Composition — Ivy Tech Community College, Spring 2010
- The Art of the Short Story — Scattergood Friends School, Spring 2009
- Playwriting — Scattergood Friends School, Spring 2009
- Southern Literature — Scattergood Friends School, Fall 2008
- Women’s Literature — Scattergood Friends School, Fall 2008
- English: Forms A &B — Maluba-lube Secondary School, Lesotho, 2007
- Maths: Forms A, B, C — Maluba-lube Secondary School, Lesotho, 2007
- Development Studies: Forms A, B, C — Maluba-lube Secondary School, Lesotho, 2007
Here are some website links to courses I have designed and taught, and syllabi for other courses.
Intro. to Fiction Writing, University of Notre Dame, spring 2010
And here is the blog that my students in the fiction writing course kept. They wrote reviews from readings they attended throughout the semester.
Syllabus for Intro. to Creative Writing, which ended up being cancelled due to small enrollment, but here is what I had planned.
During my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I created a comic book on HIV/AIDS to distribute to my students. I also devised discussion questions and a writing sample to accompany the book. Here are photos of the comic book: